Sunday, April 17, 2011

Holidays

My tent is left standing as everyone else packed there's up. People rode away on their bicycles, the trucks drove away from camp leaving me left behind, all alone. For a moment I thought I was going to start crying - which is a weird thing considering I usually don't cry, I love my personal space, I'm ready for a holiday and I'm pretty ok at being on my own. The boys (Mathias, Cristiano, Ferdi, Steve and Gabe) all gave me a big hug before they left. I realise suddenly that I love these guys - they are all like brothers to me. Us staff are like one big family. Part of the working for TDA deal is that for the reasons of better work dynamics and for your own personal sanity, all staff get to take a break from the group for a week - obviously not all at the same time. So my place is here in Kasane, Botswana - an awesome little spot. Lots of I'm not planning on doing too much for the next week. Might read for a bit, write some postcards, check out the elephants and baboons that wander around camp. I can't remember when the last time I just stopped and put my feet up was. More than a year ago I think.

No comments: