Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cape Agulhas

Today my ride took me from Gansbaai to Cape Aglhas One of things I love about self supported bike touring is the flexibility to choose how far I feel like riding, how long I feel like sleeping in... Probably that's why it's taken me 4 days to ride 280km!! Today was the first morning I had set an alarm and my day had stated while the sun was still coming up. I chose to hot the dirt a little earlier than I needed to in order to have the chance at an extra coke stop in Elim. When I got there though the shop was closed so I was thankful I had my bag of rusks hidden in my backpack to munch on!!! I made it to the Cape by midday - plenty of time to go for a ride down to the southern most tip and explore town. Cape agulhus/Struis Bay is yet another beautiful place on this continent... I could spend days here but tomorrow I press on with the aim to get to Witsand.

No comments: