Thursday, January 16, 2014

Days 2 & 3 - Planning and preparation in Manukau



People keep asking us “so where are you going” and it wasn’t until yesterday evening that we decided on some kind of rough plan!!!  It involves riding north to Cape Reinga.  Turning around and riding south again to Thames to meet up with Erin and Ted the Tread Routes team – we’ll ride with them from Thames to Wanganui, and then continue on to Wellington, head off to the South Island and hopefully make it to Bluff one day…

There’s a few last minute to sort out – some idiot bumped my bike over after I had it set up and leaning against a wall at the airport. Unfortunately my helmet was hooked onto my handlebars and the fully loaded bike fell right on top of it and cracked it so it was time for a new helmet!!!  Thankfully helmets at the bike shop were on sale and my replacement cost me $50 instead of $110!  The plus side on all of this is that this guy is the most comfy helmet I have ever owned - it’s a Limar Superlight 525 -  funky colour too – white and black with green scribble.


 

No comments: