Sunday, May 8, 2011

6 days left

So I'm currently sitting at a campsite called Felix Unite where the Fish River meets the Orange River close to the border of Namibia/South Africa.

There's 6 days left.

It feels weird.

Somehow I'm looking forward and dreading going home simultaneously which is a very strange feeling. I wish I had a little more time to go and road trip with the troopers in South Africa but it's back to Brisbane I fly in 8 days time.

We've had an awesome time, but the team is tired. Half the team is on strike. 4 months is a long time - everyone is feeling it. I will miss the fresh air, the open spaces, the dramas. But mostly I will miss the people and the friendships - my TDA family.

I look forward to a life where I can go to work and go home again. I look forward to having my own room, my own space again. I look forward to seeing my real family again (the one that's known me for a little more than 4 months)... and I look forward to perhaps returning back here again next year if they'll take me!

1 comment:

Edvard said...

Hi Claire,
Keep the spirit high during your last days of another wonderful TdA.
Congratulations on performing this exceptional experience again.
Edvard