Saturday, January 28, 2012

Back in the Sudan :D

Once again it's been a while and again I apologise.

Work has been busy busy. Especially since we have our own trucks again which met us in Wadi Halfa.

Today I'm in Dongola and have been on many missions.
My medical clinic is finally sorted.
My main emergency response bag is finally sorted
The secondary emergency response bag remains a work in progress.
I had a big win at the chemist today and found some more Adrenaline, and an even bigger win when I got some Suxemethonium and Pancuronium. They didn't have Vecuronium which is what I'm used to using so I'll have to do a bit of reading up on this pancuronium stuff but at least we now have intubating drugs to go with the rest of our intubating equipment!

The other day while climbing off the roof of the lunch truck I managed to rip the crotch of my pants big time. This was a big problem because I only brought one pair of long pants with me!!! Thankfully this is Africa though and in Dongola today I went to the Tailor and got him to sew them back up from me and the pants that have already made it through 2 TDAs are back to being wearable again!!!

There's a big mission going on trying to sort out the space on the trucks. Riders have too much luggage, all the tour equipment and food struggles to fit on. What doesn't fit into peoples lockers must disappear.

I did a big cull of medical equipment. Mostly just packaging rather than the medication itself.

There hasn't been much action in the clinic.

The ferry trip from Aswan to Wadi Halfa was smoother than usual getting on - didn't have so many people to push through at least! One of the clients, Esther, dreaded my hair, which is great because it means that it is much easier to look after while I'm camping for four months and I'm not good at hair maintenance normally anway! It took her many hours and it was the first head she had ever completely dreaded and I am really greatful for her effort!!

Well I'd better get back to it anyhow!!

No comments: