Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ready Set Go!

Well, I apologise that it's been a while since my last post, but chances of getting online in the desert is somewhat slim, and then when I was in Safaga this site wanted to verify my login in Arabic and I couldn't understand what I was supposed to type in the box!

Life on TDA is never without drama and I must say it's nice to be back at my other home living the life on the road again!

Mostly so far I have been manning the lunch truck for our riders. Our lunch truck driver speaks little English and I speak little Arabic but Zait (the Egyptian lunch truck driver) and I seem to understand each other quite well considering. Yesterday we got ourselves into a bit of a pickle when we got the lunch truck stuck in the sand because of a slight communication error... Thankfully the dinner truck was able to save us.

Today the kids were a little vicious which meant for the second time already this tour we had a cyclist involved with a motor vehicle... thankfully only minor injuries and it wasn't necessary to go to hospital in the Egyptian Ambulance who tends to follow us along as we ride (as well as about 10 police cars, and the fire truck).

I am really looking forward to getting back into the Sudan to see our own trucks again!

No comments: